Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited is a Government Company established by the Government of Karnataka to cater to the housing needs of the Economically and Socially weaker sections of the Society. Registered in April 2000, its Authorised Capital is Rs. 10 crores with Rs. 3 Crores Paid up.
• To implement housing program through self-help for the economically and socially weaker sections.
• Ensure smooth flow of funds through ?JUST IN TIME? fund releases.
• Organising manufacture or bulk procurement of cost effective building materials.
• Recovery of loan from the Beneficiaries through a beneficiary ? friendly system.
• Provide affordable housing for EWS throughout the State.
• Partnership with Grama Panchayats and NGOs
• Provide choice to people in housing design, materials and technologies through self help
• Promote Cost-effective building technologies specially in Rural areas through strengthening of Nirmithi Kendras and establishing new Kendras
• Raise resources and ensure recirculation of the funds
• Promote sustainable housing program through encouraging beneficiaries to save for housing and repay housing loans.
• Transparency and Efficiency in Management
• Women empowerment ? selection of women beneficiaries only
• Capacity building in Gram Panchayats through supporting housing projects sponsored by Gram Panchayats
• Assistance to Occupational Groups in the EWS category like Beedi workers, Hamals, Weavers, Artisans, Fisher folk, Hawkers and Vegetable Sellers
• Savings ? linked Beneficiary Friendly Recovery Mechanism.
• Activities monitored on project mode through extensive usage of IT.
• Public access to information regarding activities of the company and implementation of housing projects.
• The Company promotes Self-Help housing and supports the initiative of the beneficiaries. The Company has taken the following initiatives.
• Selection of beneficiaries is only from the eligible houseless list approved in the Gram Sabha.
Organising manufacture or bulk procurement of cost effective building materials.
• The beneficiary has the first option to construct the house on his own initiative. Construction assistance is provided by the Company, if required by the beneficiary.
• Nirmithi Kendras, through Model Houses, demonstrate the practical usage of cost effective technology and housing concepts like Core housing, Incremental housing, sites and services etc.
• The Company has entered into a MOU with architects, thus making available the services of professionals for this sector.
• A beneficiary ? friendly recovery mechanism has been evolved which ensures repayment of the loan without causing burden on the beneficiary. It inculcates the habit of savings, so crucial for the sustainability of the program for financial assistance for housing.
The Company successively has received National Awards as follows:
• NationaLe-GovernanceAward2010-2011for "ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFER SYSTEM"
• Outstanding Performance Award from HUDCO for the year 2002-2003.
• Outstanding Performance Award from HUDCO for the year 2001-2002.
• Commendable Performance Award from HUDCO for 2000-2001.